Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Re-purposed Jewelry Box

So I am so excited to start my own blog and this project is the perfect one to get it started off! I can't wait to show off all these fun simple projects I do with you all.


On this project I got a regular old jewelry box I've had for years and the glass door had broke on it so I decided I would fix it up instead of throw it out.

 Here's what the finished look looks like,


What you need for this is :
paint 
paint brushes
spray paint
cardboard
tape 
mod podge
sponge brush
scrapbook paper
scissors or box cutter
Here's some of the things i used...


  1. The first step would be to tape the parts you don't want to get paint on. Then spray paint the whole box.I let it dry for about an hour. 
  2. Next I cut out cardboard to fit the part where the glass use to be. I mod podged the front with the scrapbook paper and painted the other side black. 

       3.  After I painted the handle on the bottom black so it would blend in well 





It was so simple and fun now I have a cute jewelry holder instead of an old wooden one!!




No comments:

Post a Comment